Transitions are potent, beautiful and sometimes challenging times in the arc of our lives. By intentionally celebrating and guiding these transformational shifts, we support girls and young women to emerge into their next phase of life with confidence, resilience, compassion and a strong sense of their own unique gifts. Threshold Journeys offers programs and personalized groups and ceremonies to honor and support threshold times.
What We Offer:
- Weekend rites of passage programs focusing on the shift out of elementary school and into or out of middle school and high school.
- Personalized groups and ceremonies to honor and support threshold times: We work collaboratively with families and communities to design meaningful ceremonies and programs to honor and mark their girls’ passage
- Programs and gatherings for mothers and daughters
- On-going passage mentoring
Threshold Passage programs include:
- community building and social and emotional skill building;
- guided time on the land;
- creative and symbolic expression;
- experiences with a variety of communication practices (including dyads and council);
- ceremonial marking of the threshold passage in a meaningful way;
- exploration of relevant themes~including personal strengths, body changes, healthy relationships, self-care, identity shifts, rites of passage across the world, and gifts and challenges of this particular transition.
Threshold Journey Guides:
Brie Anderson-Feldman, MA, LPC, BC-DMT is child and family therapist, with over 10 years experience supporting young people find empowerment, hope and healing. She is passionate about partnering with communities, both locally and internationally to create programming which addresses the critical themes related to the social and emotional health of young women.
Laura Weaver, MA is a mother, writer, rites of passage guide, and co-director of the PassageWorks Institute (www.passageworks.org). She is the co-author of the bookThe 5 Dimensions of Engaged Teaching and her poetry, book chapters, and essays have been published widely. She has taught courses and workshops for parents and educators for the last ten years and has a particular passion for supporting young people through the transition years.
Areas of Work
- 9 and up.