Natural Highs – Empowering teens as leaders around positive peer culture
Natural Highs is an interactive strengths-based substance abuse prevention/intervention peer mentor program that is co-created by teens to empower teens and their communities around healthy lifestyle choices and creating a positive peer culture.
Natural Highs provides healthy alternatives to drugs and alcohol through offering workshops, drop-in classes, groups, presentations, sober events, and entrepreneurial and leadership opportunities for teens. The goal of the program is for teens to learn about the effects of substance use, discover healthy alternatives, support each other with healthy choices, and take on leadership roles to positively impact teens and adults in their communities.
The larger vision for this program is to create a positive peer culture around healthy lifestyle choices for teens and adults. We serve over 2000 teens per year in the Boulder, CO area. The intended outcome for these participants is to increase the number of teens who make healthier choices around drugs and alcohol. Our goal is to empower teens to step up as leaders in creating a positive peer culture in their communities.
- Free After-School Natural Highs Classes at Hope Church Boulder
- Sober Events for Teens
- Natural Highs Workshops for Teens
- Community and School Presentations
- Philosophy Circles
- Natural Highs Peer Mentor Program
- Reiki Classes for Teens in the Boulder Community
- Natural Highs Adult Classes at Naropa University
- Natural Highs Pilot Sites
- Natural Highs Music Production