Coyote Trails’ goal is that students of all ages from all communities have the opportunity to deeply connect with nature. We maintain a Nature Center in Medford, Oregon, and a wilderness campus outside of Ashland, Oregon. We are always broadening our list of community partners to enable more students to enjoy outdoor learning adventures, and welcome inquiries from organizations that share this goal.
What we offer:
- Weekend day classes for kids, teens and adults. Registration available to the public.
- Summer day camps for kids, Monday through Friday. Registration available to the public.
- Overnight weeklong wilderness immersion courses for ages 7-adult. Registration available to the public.
- Customized education programs, including field trips, available to private groups.
- Long term mentoring for individuals.
- Private skills mentoring sessions.
Trails of Study:
Our classes are grouped into “Trails of Study” upon the ‘wheel’ [which you can see in our image gallery above] and reflect our year-round nature awareness curriculum. As students make their way around the ‘wheel’ a common theme of awareness begins to materialize. At the center of the spokes rests the “Coyote Trail” of Study. The animals, the colors, the directions, the elements, the medicine is all represented upon and within the ‘Wheel of Study.’ The curriculum is tailored to the age of each learning group. Most classes upon each trail are offered in conjunction with a family class to give families an opportunity to experience the “School of Nature” at the same time. Learn more HERE.
Areas of Work
- All ages