Open Call for Social Media Intern
Social Media Intern | App Deadline 7.7.15
POSTED: June 16th, 2015
Youth Passageways is seeking a highly creative, smart, motivated, and skilled intern. Youth Passageways is an evolving network of individuals, organizations, and communities supporting the healthy passage of today’s young people into mature adulthood during a time of global transition.
Your purpose as an intern will be to work closely with the Youth Passageways Assistant Coordinator to implement the outlined social media plan. This will include but not be limited to: research and data entry, communicating with partners in our network, finding and managing relevant and dynamic content, managing a posting schedule across multiple platforms, helping to foster and catalyze web based engagement, expanding the YP outreach base, being available for bi-monthly web meetings, and being available for YP specific marketing/outreach campaigns as need be.
- Type of Position: Internship (10-15 hrs/wk, depending on availability and area of work)
- Location: Anywhere with internet access.
- Start Date: As soon as possible, with rolling admissions
- Duration: Initial 6 month commitment
- Compensation: Volunteer
- How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can expect to hear back from us within two weeks. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis.
WHAT WE DO
Youth Passageways unleashes the creative energy, leadership capacity, and collective impact of a dynamic network of partners toward the healthy passage of today’s young people into mature adulthood. We strive to:
- NOURISH connections and collaborations among ever widening circles in an active community of learning, healing, self-reflection, respect, sharing, and resource development, fostering traditional cultural preservation as well as emerging cultural innovation.
- CULTIVATE broad public awareness of the impact of healthy initiation on the resiliency and vitality of our youth and communities, and increase access to tools, practices, and resources.
- HARVEST the collective wisdom, learning from one another how to effectively meet the changing needs of youth in our communities, and sharing these seeds widely in ways that are accessible, useful, and relevant to different communities.
- GROW the capacity to influence educational, institutional, and governmental policy and funding priorities in order to integrate healthy youth initiation into our communities on a broad scale.
WHERE YOU COME IN
In its second year as an organization, Youth Passageways is working to further develop its network, in particular through social media and a mixture of innovative and traditional methods of outreach and communication. You will be a key link in this process, helping to channel the myriad brilliant and beautiful work, information, and experiences from across our community into an interactive and engaging resource for our partners, youth, families, youth workers, and the broad public. We’re a seeking creative, smart, motivated, and skilled individual to help continue making this vision a reality.
WHO WILL BE ON YOUR TEAM
- On a day-to-day basis, you will report to the Youth Passageways Assistant Coordinator, and consult with, and work alongside members of the Web Team.
HOW YOU WILL KNOW YOU ARE A FIT
You will know that you are highly qualified for this position by the extent to which the following describes you:
- You are passionate about supporting the healthy passage of today’s young people into mature adulthood during a time of global transition.
- You have skills/experience across various social media platforms including GoogleDocs, FB, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo, Linkedin, etc.
- You have a personal laptop you will be able to use on the job
- Solid understanding of the internet and social media best practices
- You are highly motivated and work well independently and as part of a team.
- You have excellent communication and people skills.
- You are detail-oriented, highly organized and focused in your tasks.
- You are punctual and deadline-oriented in producing deliverables.
- You are able to work with a diverse group of individuals of all ages and cultures in a positive, professional manner.
HOW YOU WILL KNOW WE ARE A FIT FOR YOU
We are a growing network with a big vision, diverse strategies for getting there, and a commitment to finding our way together. For many years, we have been crafting a dream, and now we are trying to bring it into being, equipped with keen eyes & ears, sharp minds, humble hearts, and playful spirits.
We explicitly build into our work new ways to innovate, collaborate, empower, support each other, take care of ourselves, work hard, and have fun all along the way. If this calls to you, we may be a great fit!
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer, with a deep commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, people from low-income backgrounds, people of LGBT orientation and identity, and people of other diverse backgrounds. If you identify with these and/or other historically marginalized backgrounds and communities, we strongly encourage you to apply.
TO APPLY SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org